- The main difference between RAW and Jpeg is the file size, one is bigger than the other. Image quality, with RAW you’ll end up with good quality, while Jpeg gives 8-bits. Editing & sharing, due to RAW is a large file it takes a while to upload to edit and for Jpeg it very easy and fast. Lastly, their speed is one is very fast because it gives somehow what quality and the other takes time to give the good quality you want.
- RAW is the biggest file.
- You can change Raw file into a JPEG depending on the camera. RAW file can default itself into a Jpeg or on your camera you go to settings and go to editing mode and choose “Use RAW as original,” if you can.
- If I were to shoot an important event, I would have to shooting RAW file. I would shoot to get the good quality until it’s an important event why would I want it to be good quality. I’ll like it for everything in the event is showing every single thing.
Pretty, beautiful, shine, unique, ring, finger, blue, light tone, heart, and lovely
Shutter speed, Manual, ISO, AV, Timer on camera
What I found interesting about the Photography Timeline is that when they introduced to colors because without color, we would’ve just seen black and white, and life is not just black and white. So, when camera companies created colors for their cameras it was a miracle because could now see colors. Thanks to Kodachrome and Polaroid. Another thing I found very interesting and important is these names, Nicephore Niepce, Mathew Brady and Julia Margaret Cameron. Nicephore Niepce who combined the camera obscura wth photosensitive paper. Mathew Brady the first person who took a picture of the American Civil War.
1. What is the purpose of the main light? 2. What is the purpose of the fill light? 3. List the lighting patterns.
The main purpose of light is to
- The most photography career I’m interested in is portrait photographer.
- The responsibilities of being a portrait photographer is to set up and find a great place for the lighting and the camera. Also, the editing and retouch of the picture.
- The basic salary for portrait photographer is $31,887 per year.
- What interest me about this position is that having to focus on one thing and not the background.
- The education for being a portrait photographer is to learn about the lighting and posing and the photo editing. The skills for these are to be creative and paying attention to the details.
What I learned from camera mode is that auto mode tells us to use the best shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, focus and flash. Most cameras auto mode itself and auto mode override flash or it can be change with red eye reduction. Portrait mode automatically select large aperture which help keep the background being focus. When portrait you get the center attention instead of the background with it. Marco mode help you move more closer to the subject to take a close-up picture. Its best to use it for shooting flowers and small things. Landscape mode is like portrait mode but it when the camera set with a small aperture. When using this mode, it slows the shutter speed. Lastly, sports mode is when taking pictures when someone or something is moving. It can be used however the speed is. Sport photographers use this mode for sports which makes it so cool.
In this photo I took of roses that I received. I choose this photo is because I see myself as a rose and it very cute to me. The color of red is one of my favorite colors therefore I like the flower. It also because the way it smells and how it shapes its very cute to me. Roses are very cute and basic but that what I love about them. Until I think I’m basic and simple that why I like roses. If I were to be a flower, I’ll like to be a rose.
In this photo from Cindy Sherman, it caught my eye because how real it looks and when I found out it wasn’t incredibility shock me. I like how it seem like it was taken back on 1800s or 1900s. She also seem to fit in around that time area. Most of her photos are pretty good. It just the clowns picture she takes scares me.